Health Websites/Online Physicians/Other Resources
- QuackWatch: Lyme Disease Diagnosis and Treatment; an online watchdog for medical misinformation and malpractice. Note: may include links to sites that contain misinformation; check for citations of legitimate sources.
- DrugWatch.com; a comprehensive Web site database featuring extensive information about thousands of different medications and drugs currently on the market or previously available worldwide. DrugWatch.com includes up-to-date information about prescription and over-the-counter medications and includes details about associated side effects to aid in the protection of patients and consumers.
- DrugAlert.org; a comprehensive database featuring information and news alerts about potentially dangerous drugs currently on the market or previously available worldwide. The site is dedicated to keeping the public informed about drug recalls, side effects, and pending litigation associated with various drugs and their manufacturers.
- MedlinePlus; provides an interactive tutorial in both English and Spanish on Lyme disease.
- Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; provides information on diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of Lyme disease.
- Board Certified.com; provides a directory of those board certified physicians who wish to present an elevated Internet presence to the patient community. Physicians who are board certified in Infectious Diseases should know about Lyme disease. If not, they should be able to refer one to a physician who has such expertise. The ALDF does not endorse any of the physicians listed.
- Careers in Health Care and Medicine